Twinfest in Mansfield
Mansfield plays host to a special cultural event in honour of Heiligenhaus, Mansfield's twin town in Germany.
Appropriately enough, the event will take place in Heiligenhaus Square to the left of the Old Town Hall on Saturday 11 October.
The event will begin with a march by the popular Mansfield Woodhouse Byronaires Jazz Band marching from Stockwell Gate at 9.45am before the event is launched by Paralympic Gold medallist Sam Hynd at 10am in Heiligenhaus Square.
The event will also feature:
- the Lady Bay Morris Dancers
- the Sax Factor saxophonists group from Brunts School
- Queen Elizabeth School's sensational Salsa group
- performers from the Excelsior School of Dance
- and performers from the Happy Feet School of Dance, who will reprise the traditional Irish dances performed at this year's Party in the Park event.
More information about and opportunities to join the Heiligenhaus Twinning Association will be available.
Councillor Barry Answer, Heiligenhaus Twinning Association is looking forward to the event: "I am sure this event will be a great success."
"With the number of varied cultural acts performing at the event, I am sure there will be something on offer for everybody."
"I would encourage anyone to come along and join the fun."