Blooming marvellous on Mansfield Market!
The town's Executive Mayor, Tony Egginton, has officially launched the Mansfield in Bloom campaign for 2008.
The launch took place at the Town Centre Market Place on Tuesday 20 May during the monthly Farmers' Market.
The theme of the event was, appropriately, gardening and to celebrate the launch of Mansfield in Bloom there were a whole host of stalls at the event.
- Cookery demonstrations using local produce
- Gardening surgery with Mansfield's resident gardening guru; Rob Foster
- Plant swap – your chance to come along and swap an old, tired plant for a new one
- FREE gardening giveaways
- Information about Mansfield's Friends of the Parks and Local Nature Reserves
- Information about Mansfield District Council Get Active Community Allotment
- Launch of the Best Kept Garden Competition 2008.
There was also be a Prize Draw, which took place during the official launch.
Prizes were kindly donated by Westgate Department Store, Four Seasons Shopping Centre and Ransom Wood Business Park.
Councillor Eddie Smith, Portfolio Holder for Environment, commented on the event:
"This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in making Mansfield a cleaner and greener district."
For more information on Mansfield in Bloom, please visit www.mansfield.gov.uk/mansfieldinbloom.