Conservation and Heritage
The Conservation section aims to protect the heritage of Mansfield District through encouraging the sensitive repair, maintenance and re-use of its historic assets and specifying proposals which preserve and enhance the character and appearance of its conservation areas.
Our responsibilities include:-
- The designation of Conservation Areas.
- Formulating Conservation Area Character Appraisals and Management Plans.
- Updating Conservation Area Character Appraisals and Management Plans and proposing boundary alterations.
- Implementation of Article 4 Directions, which remove permitted development rights, within those Conservation Areas at risk of losing their character.
- Guidance on the repair, maintenance and re-use of listed structures.
- Guidance on sympathetic alterations, extensions and adaptation of listed structures.
- Guidance on sympathetic alterations, extensions and adaptions of historic buildings in Conservation Areas.
- Within the planning process, providing specialist conservation advice on planning applications for listed structures and structures in and adjacent to Conservation Areas.
- Local heritage assets.
- Interim Planning Guidance and Manual for Streets documents.
- Grant funding repairs of historic buildings.
If you would like to find out more about Scheduled Monuments, Listed Structures, Conservation Areas, Registered Parks and Gardens or Local Heritage Assets then please follow the links below.